Job Openings – Project Officer
Wikimedia User Nigeria is one of the 170+ affiliates of the Wikimedia Foundation Inc., the owner of Wikipedia. Wikimedia Affiliates (Affcom) recognized the group in September 2015 to promote Wikipedia and its sister projects in Nigeria. Over the past seven years, the group has worked with over 75 partners within its ecosystem, including government agencies, international organizations, and several mission-aligned institutions within and outside Nigeria. Our activities have focused on human capacity development, gender initiatives and advocacy, language documentation, Wikimedia outreaches, and campaigns.
- Overseeing and planning of projects resulting from our grant-making processes
- Manages timeline and communicates deadline to affected individuals
- Direct, manage, and motivate the project leads for all approved grants.
- Ensure the prompt release of funds for approved grants and compliance with timelines.
- Develop and maintain an agreed-upon project plan and detailed stage plans.
- Understand and apply business case and risk management processes.
- Tailor expert knowledge to meet specific circumstances.
- Plan and manage the deployment of physical and financial resources to meet project milestones.
- Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project.
- Hold regular meetings with grantees to maintain a good relationship with them and effective communication with the management team.
- Generate a monthly report showcasing the project status of all open grants or ongoing projects and other relevant information.
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who is adaptable, organized, comfortable working in the open
and a natural problem-solver – someone who is happy and motivated to get the job done.
- A strong organizer and communicator.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with tools such as Google sheets, Google Drive, and Zoom
- A demonstrated interest in project management.
- Experience organizing community events or workshops.
How to apply
If you think you’d be a great fit for any of these roles, we’d love to hear from you!
Complete this form to apply for any of the roles. Deadline for submission: 15th April 2023.